Kao Collins’ objective is to support all aspects of customers’ Kodak Versamark printers. Below is a list of the projects Kao Collins has undertaken towards that end.
Fluid Station Upgrade for 6240
Kao Collins has created a replacement for what is commonly referred to as the “PC in a box”. Kao Collins has replaced the PC with a new board that is compatible with the existing equipment in the 6240 fluid cabinet. The board runs on Linux based software developed for the 6240.
Potential benefits of Kao Collins Solution include:
- A fast ready cycle to restart the head after simple charge shorts (150 seconds)
- Ability to turn 300 fpm and 500 fpm 6240 printers into 1,000 fpm printers.
- Ability to turn 5300 printers into 6240 printers and vice versa
- Menu structure designed to expand tools available to customers and simplify service functions.
6240 Motherboard Upgrade
Kao Collins has developed a new printhead motherboard. This allows us to turn any printhead into a segmented stimulation printhead. There are some other advantages associated with our approach, which we hope to announce over the next two months.
Collins’ umbilical replacement process begins with a continuity check and visual inspection of all the cables. If any cable fails the test or has any visual nick or damage, it is replaced. All tubing and tube fittings are replaced, as well as the fiber optic cable. Everything is then pulled through a new flexible conduit and new electrical connectors are installed at both ends. A final continuity check is done to insure that the new cables/connectors/pins have been installed properly.
The Kao Collins Controller gives customers unprecedented control of their printers.
What is it?
- A superior system that replaces end-of-life controllers with the added benefit of being able to integrate multiple print head technologies on a single platform, at a significant cost savings over the competition.
- Speeds up to 1000 fpm (300 mpm)
- Eliminates the need for multiple controllers dedicated to different print head types
- Kao Collins’ proprietary Tach and Cue board
- Read and Print included at no additional cost
- Upgradeable: Simplifies the transition to, or the addition of, new print technologies
- Significant cost savings over the competition
Power Requirements 90-264VAC, 50/60 Hz
Physical Dimensions Height 47”, Width 24”, Depth 39”, Weight 300 lbs.
User Interface 24” LCD Touch Screen + mouse and keyboard
Networking TCP/IP connection, Windows 7/10
If you have specific questions with regard to our capabilities, or if you would like to see if we could assist you in any way, please get in touch.
5120 Parts and Service
Kao Collins is able to supply used parts for the 5120. For a current listing of available parts, please contact us.
Kao Collins offers a variety of consumables including air filters, wicking pads, and swabs. Contact us for part numbers and pricing.