Kao Collins’ objective is to support all aspects of customers’ Kodak Versamark printers. Below is a list of the projects Kao Collins has undertaken towards that end.
Fluid Station Upgrade for 6240
Kao Collins has created a replacement for what is commonly referred to as the “PC in a box”. Kao Collins has replaced the PC with a new board that is compatible with the existing equipment in the 6240 fluid cabinet. The board runs on Linux based software developed for the 6240.
Potential benefits of Kao Collins Solution include:
- A fast ready cycle to restart the head after simple charge shorts (150 seconds)
- Ability to turn 300 fpm and 500 fpm 6240 printers into 1,000 fpm printers.
- Ability to turn 5300 printers into 6240 printers and vice versa
- Menu structure designed to expand tools available to customers and simplify service functions.
Presently, Kao Collins has 3 of its fluid station upgrades running in the field, and expects to install others within the next few weeks.
We believe we can upgrade S1 fluid stations and will initiate testing of that hypothesis over the next few weeks.
While we have had success with the fluid station upgrades we have installed over the past few months, this would still be classified as being in a Beta stage release.
6240 Motherboard Upgrade
Kao Collins has developed a new printhead motherboard. This allows us to turn any printhead into a segmented stimulation printhead. There are some other advantages associated with our approach, which we hope to announce over the next two months.
Collins’ umbilical replacement process begins with a continuity check and visual inspection of all the cables. If any cable fails the test or has any visual nick or damage, it is replaced. All tubing and tube fittings are replaced, as well as the fiber optic cable. Everything is then pulled through a new flexible conduit and new electrical connectors are installed at both ends. A final continuity check is done to insure that the new cables/connectors/pins have been installed properly.
Kao Collins is working with a controller manufacturer to try to create replacement controllers for Kodak Versamark printers. The new controllers are being designed to run other printheads in addition to Kodak Versamark printheads; that way, a customer could potentially run different printheads through the same controller on the same job.
The controller project is ongoing. We will provide updates as we move forward.
- Kao Collins has repaired, and in some cases, upgraded parts. Kao Collins believes it can repair most controller rips and other failed boards.
- Kao Collins has assisted customers who could no longer get tach and cue boards for their CS400 controller by upgrading an older S220 tach and cue to a 400, enabling it to work in their CS400 series controller.
- Kao Collins is testing other replacement parts including pumps, valves, and filters.
- Kao Collins has developed a flush feature and module that enables diagnostics to be run without turning the systems off. It is fully compatible with previous flush modules.
If you have specific questions with regard to our capabilities, or if you would like to see if we could assist you in any way, please get in touch.
5120 Parts and Service
Kao Collins is able to supply used parts for the 5120. For a current listing of available parts, please contact us.
Kao Collins offers a variety of consumables including air filters, wicking pads, and swabs. Contact us for part numbers and pricing.