MapleJet, an OEM printer company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, quickly saw the advantage of Funai’s new thermal inkjet cartridge. As the company began developing a Hx Nitro thermal inkjet printer, they needed a supply of inkjet inks that supported the groundbreaking benefits of the cartridge.
What Makes the Hx Nitro Printer Different
With the greater throw distance of the cartridge and compatible inks, MapleJet and Kao Collins extend thermal inkjet printing into new industries and applications. The high-resolution output makes the printer the best option for printing legible 2d codes, expiration dates, and lot information compared to continuous inkjet printers’ dot-matrix information.
Key Features and Specifications
- Immediate start and stop time to operate
- Multiple connectivity options including Wifi, USB, and isolated RS232
- Any WiFi-enabled smart device can be used as printer controller
- Wireless IP base connection makes it possible to install printer at most difficult locations in production line
- Small footprint
- Easy to install, easy to operate, easy to maintain
- Cartridge Tag System (CTS) and Ink consumption economy mode
- Up to 12.7 mm height range of printable characters
- External database for millions of records
- Operates in a wide range of environmental conditions
While Kao Collins produces many solvent inkjet inks, MapleJet’s Hx Nitro printer for marking and coding needed a customized solvent inkjet ink to match the printer’s advanced engineering using the Funai cartridge. The ink needed engineering to leverage the high-performance features packed in the cartridge.
- A greater throw distance than other TIJ systems and now competes with continuous inkjet systems (CIJ)
- High-resolution printing of alphanumerics and 2d codes on curved surfaces
- Compatible with strong solvent inks without cartridge failure
- A longer decap for greater operational efficiency
Kao Collins Services
- Strategy for goals and objectives
- Engineering to know the details and capabilities of the printhead
- Chemistry development, lab testing
- Instant drying based on conditions
- Decap time up to 24 hours
- Increased sales of NEXXO ink
“Kao Collins understands our needs and the printing solutions our customers need. Having a portfolio of the NEXXO inks changes the game for high-quality marking and coding, especially for the growing use of 2d codes for product tracking.”
Maplejet Founder and CEO
Need help finding the best inking solution?
Contact our expert chemists and engineers.